The United Kingdom is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – the countries that make up the UK are well-known for their picturesque locales and delectable cuisines. Apart from its magnificent architectural history and rich culture, the UK is also famous for its shopping options as it’s home to some major global brands and shopping centres.
Importance of Travel Insurance for the UK from India
If you are planning a trip to the UK shortly, you must have a travel insurance UK plan to make your trip safe and hassle-free. It will also take care of all your health emergencies during your stay in the UK, which could be expensive.
An international travel insurance plan to the UK offers you:
- Baggage Loss/Delay Cover
- Trip Cancellation/Delay Cover
- Medical Cover for Hospitalisation
- Accidental Injury, Disability or Death Cover
- Hijack Cover
- Covid-19 Hospitalisation and Treatment Cover
- Trip Extension Cover
- Personal Liability Cover, and so on
So, if you have finally decided on buying travel insurance for your UK vacation, here are four simple tips to help you with your purchase:
- Go for a Higher Sum Insured – Healthcare in the UK is quite expensive. So, if an unfortunate accident happens during your trip where you need to get hospitalised, your travel insurance can cover your treatment-related expenses. Therefore, you need to choose an insurance policy that has a higher sum insured amount. The higher the sum insured will be, the greater medical expense coverage you will receive.
- Keep the Trip Duration in Mind – The duration of your trip will help you choose the right travel insurance UK plan. Travel insurance for UK trips is usually available for single trips as well as multiple trips. So, if you are planning a trip to the UK for just a few days or weeks, the single trip insurance policy would suffice. However, if you can foresee multiple trips to the country shortly, go for the multi-trip plan. Here, it’s important to note that in any case, going for the latter is a better option as it will save you from the hassles of getting a new policy every time you travel to the UK within a year.
- Compare Different Insurance Plans Online – Make sure to claim a travel insurance policy for your UK trip only after comparing the different plans online. Many insurance providers online will let you compare the insurance plans before you choose one according to your UK travel insurance requirements. The perfect policy for you would be to provide you with maximum coverage in a low premium amount. Therefore, do compare the available insurance plans before buying a travel insurance UK policy for yourself.
- Thoroughly Check the Exclusions – Every travel insurance from India to the UK will have some exclusions. For example, any damage caused by natural calamities, self-inflictions, war, etc., is generally not covered under the UK’s insurance policy. Therefore, it’s extremely important for you to carefully go through the policy documents before signing the papers and buying the policy for your UK trip. This will eliminate the chances of any surprise when you make a claim.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance for the UK from India?
There is a wide range of uncertainties that can plague even a well-planned trip, such as emergency travel restrictions, political issues and lockdown in the country, flight delays/cancellation, baggage loss, etc. Additionally, you may face some medical emergency, which may require emergency treatment.
An international travel insurance plan for the UK will ensure financial protection to help you take care of any unforeseen circumstances and tackle them efficiently. Make a point to compare different plans and choose the one that covers all the necessary events like baggage loss, trip delays, medical expenses, etc. Additionally, look for Covid-19 coverage.
Things to Note When Travelling to the UK
- Check your passport. It should be valid for at least 3 months.
- Get international travel insurance for the UK.
- Apply for your Visa well in advance to avoid last-minute rejections or delays.
- Procure proof of sufficient funds in your bank accounts to fund the trip to the UK and to travel back to India.
- You will need a cover letter detailing the purpose of your visit.
- Ensure you keep multiple copies of all the necessary documents such as the passport, insurance certificate, Visa, flight tickets, hotel information, itinerary, along with two passport-sized photographs.
- Make sure to always keep your passport and Visa details with you. You can carry a sift copy on your phone.
- Keep the Embassy information of the country of your visit handy.
- Check the Covid-19 specific travel guidelines and make sure you adhere to them, including the vaccine mandate, mask mandate and tests mandate.
The above-listed tips are the most relevant ones that will help you choose a travel insurance UK plan for yourself. By keeping these points in mind, you will buy a policy that will truly be beneficial for you in every way.