Travel Packing Essentials: What to Bring on Every Trip
The verdict is in: with more and more Americans vaccinated, many of us are making tentative plans for vacations in the coming months. In a post-COVID world, some aspects of the way we travel are changing—but this doesn’t have much impact on the kinds of things we’re bringing with us!
If you’re just getting back into the swing of things in terms of travel packing, you may be struggling to figure out what should go into your suitcase. Don’t fret: we’ve got you covered with a quick guide to the holiday essentials you’ll need to have on hand.
General Travel Packing Checklist
No matter where you’re headed, there are a few essentials you’ll always need to bring with you. This is true whether you’re going camping or you’ve booked a resort trip with a resource like this company! Here’s what to add to your list:
- Passport, driver’s license, or ID
- Essential documentation, like insurance documents, your boarding pass, visa documents, your printed hotel reservation details, etc.
- Outlet adapters, if you’re leaving the country
- Local currency
- Appropriate clothing for every day of your stay
- Underwear for every day of your stay
- Appropriate shoes for any activities you will be doing
- Pajamas for each night
- Medications and painkillers
- Travel first aid kit
- Travel sewing kit
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss
- Hair and beauty products
- Makeup and makeup remover
- A clear sealable bag for your liquids, if you’re traveling by plane
- Sun hat
- Bug spray
- Purse and/or backpack
- Your keys
- Phone and phone charger, plus any portable batteries
- Laptop or tablet, plus chargers
- Camera and camera charger
- Pen and notebook
- Books, magazines, or other reading material
- Water bottle (You can also get private label water bottles from this page)
- Travel snacks as long as not restricted by TSA food rules
- On-the-go disinfectants, hand sanitizers, etc.
- Face masks
- Travel pillow
These items are critical to bring, regardless of your trip type. Note the COVID-specific items as well: you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared for any unexpected situations on the go, based on local requirements at your destination.
Travel Essentials Checklist for Family Trips
If you’re bringing little ones with you, you’ll need a few extra things to keep them comfortable. Here are some extra add-ons to pack into your holiday luggage:
- Appropriate clothing for each child for each day of the trip, plus an extra “just in case” outfit
- Appropriate shoes for each child for all activities
- Enough underwear for each child for each day of the trip, plus an extra “just in case” pair
- Diapers and wet wipes, including swim diapers for the pool if needed
- Diaper bag
- Baby food
- Toys, games, books, and other forms of entertainment
- Sun hat
- Kid-friendly toiletries
- Kid-friendly travel snacks
If your children are old enough, rope them into helping you pack for them! This can help ensure that they have everything they want during the journey. Visit this site Winter Clothes for Men, if you want to buy your favorite clothes
Depending on your destination, of course, you’ll obviously need to bring additional items when packing for a holiday. Use the lists above as a jumping-off point, but don’t forget to consider the types of activities you’ve planned to decide what else to bring. Warm days on a beach deserve beach towels and a beach umbrella, for example, while a ski trip will definitely require ski gear and warm clothes!
Make the Most of Your Next Trip
With a little attention to detail and some careful planning, you’ll have no trouble finding everything you need to make your post-pandemic trip a success. Be sure to have this travel packing checklist on hand to ensure that you grab the essentials!