Planning a trip to Bulgaria is a great idea! But do you know what to expect from your first visit to the country? Below are the most important facts shared by the best travel agency for Bulgaria. Read attentively not to miss anything.
All citizens of the EU can visit Bulgaria visa-free and only need to bring their ID cards along. Citizens of the following countries and Schengen visa holders can stay in for up to 90 days:
- New Zealand
Citizens of other countries, including kids under 6 y.o. have to apply for a visa. Besides, it’s important to make sure that your main passport is valid for at least 6 months after the departure date.
Bulgaria is generally a secure country with a low crime rate, but you need to remember the following:
- Taxi scam – taxi service is well-regulated in Bulgaria, but some drivers make fake logos of popular services to charge extra money from tourists. That’s why we recommend using apps for bookings, such as Yellow Taxi, Maxim, and TaxiMe.
- Fake exchange rates – exchange your money only in banks to avoid fake charges in offices of shady companies. Always check out real locations of official bank offices on their official websites.
- LGBTQ – there are LGBTQ-friendly bars, clubs, and hotels in Sofia, Plovdiv, and Varna, so there’s no problem feeling comfortable with your partner. However, small towns are not that up-to-date and people there can sometimes be less tolerant than you want.Visit The Site: time2business
Most young Bulgarians speak English, German, Spanish, or French, so do travel industry workers. However, the older generation who lived during communist times usually speaks only Bulgarian and Russian, so don’t forget to learn at least the basic phrases to talk to them.
There are things to do in Bulgaria any time of year:
- Spring – the country is covered in blooms and still offers skiing and snowboarding;
- Summer – the best time to visit Bulgarian Black Sea resorts and go hiking in the mountains;
- Fall – September is considered the best time to visit the country as the temperature is just perfect for anything but skiing;
- Winter – the best time to visit skiing resorts and enjoy sunny weather and snowy peaks.Read More About: newmags
Bulgaria is one of the budget-friendliest countries of Europe. 1$ is equal to ±1.61 BGN and here are the average prices:
- Hostels, guesthouses, and villas – 15-30 BGN per night;
- Hotels – 20-200 BGN per night;
- Food – 25-35 BGN for a three-course dinner, 1-5 BGN for street food.
- Activities – 3-10 BGN for museums, 4 BGN for Roman baths.
The most popular ways to travel across the country are:
- Train – 6-25 BGN
- Bus – 9-35 BGN
- Car sharing – 10-20 BGN
Ready to Go!
Now you know enough to visit this wonderful tourist-friendly country and get the best experience possible. Share this Bulgaria guide with friends and ask questions in the comments if you want to know more.