Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand, is nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas and offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and urban amenities. It serves as a gateway to many popular destinations in the region. Dehradun and its surroundings offer a delightful mix of adventure, spirituality, and natural beauty. With this travel guide, you are all set to embark on a memorable journey to this charming destination. Enjoy your exploration to Dehradun in and around with comfort of Tempo Traveller Rental Delhi.
Here is a travel guide to help you explore Dehradun and its surrounding attractions:
- Robber’s Cave (Gucchupani): Start your exploration with a visit to Robber’s Cave, a fascinating natural formation where a river disappears underground and reappears a few meters away. The cave is surrounded by lush greenery, making it a popular picnic spot.
- Sahastradhara:Sahastradhara, which translates to “Thousand-fold spring,” is a captivating waterfall with therapeutic sulfur springs. The waterfalls from limestone stalactites, creating a breathtaking sight. Enjoy a dip in the medicinal waters for a rejuvenating experience.
- Tapkeshwar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva, Tapkeshwar Temple is situated inside a natural cave, and water continuously drips on the Shivalinga, giving it the name “Tapkeshwar.” The temple is located amidst scenic surroundings and attracts many devotees.
- Mindrolling Monastery: Explore the beautiful Mindrolling Monastery, one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in India. Admire the stunning architecture, intricate murals, and a 220-feet high stupa known as the Great Stupa.
- Forest Research Institute (FRI): Visit the majestic Forest Research Institute, an architectural marvel with its Greco-Roman colonial-style buildings. The institute houses a museum showcasing forestry-related artifacts and knowledge.
- Malsi Deer Park: For a family-friendly outing, head to Malsi Deer Park, where you can spot deer, peacocks, and other animals in a natural environment. The park also has a children’s park and a small freshwater stream.
- Rajaji National Park: Go on a wildlife adventure by visiting Rajaji National Park, which spans across Dehradun, Haridwar, and Pauri Garhwal. It is home to diverse flora and fauna, including elephants, tigers, leopards, and numerous bird species.
- Mussoorie: Just a short drive from Dehradun, Mussoorie is a famous hill station known for its picturesque views and pleasant weather. Explore the Mall Road, Kempty Falls, and Gun Hill for an unforgettable experience with friends, family along 12 seater tempo traveller hire in Delhi.
- Haridwar: Visit the holy city of Haridwar, known for its ghats along the River Ganges and evening Ganga Aarti. Take a dip in the sacred waters and attend the spiritual ceremonies for a soul-stirring experience.
- Rishikesh:Embark on an adventure to Rishikesh, the “Yoga Capital of the World.” Enjoy thrilling activities like white-water rafting, bungee jumping, and camping along the riverbanks. Don’t miss the chance to meditate and seek spiritual solace in this serene town.
- Chakrata: For offbeat travelers, Chakrata is a hidden gem. It offers a tranquil environment, gushing waterfalls, and scenic hiking trails. Tiger Falls is a must-visit attraction here.
- Kanatal: Kanatal is a serene hill station known for its apple orchards, dense forests, and pleasant weather and an ideal destination for nature lovers and those seeking peace and tranquillity.
Tips for Exploring Dehradun and Around:
Transportation:Dehradun is well-connected by air, rail, and road. The Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport, and the city has a major railway station with regular trains from various cities. For a beautiful road trip with your peer group,hire Tempo Traveller in Dehradun.
Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Dehradun and its surrounding areas is from September to June when the weather is pleasant. Avoid the monsoon months of July and August due to heavy rainfall.
Accommodation: Dehradun offers a range of accommodations, from budget hotels to luxury resorts. Book your stay in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons.
Local Cuisine: Don’t miss trying local delicacies like Garhwali cuisine, momos, and various street foods while exploring the city.
Safety: While exploring natural attractions, follow safety guidelines and avoid straying off marked paths. Check weather conditions before planning any outdoor activities.